Blueberries are a distinctive fruit which are native to North America and commonly found in the highbush, lowbush, and rabbiteye varieties.
Blueberries are a rich blue colour, with delicate skin and a juicy pulp.
- Are very high in vitamin K which promotes strong bones, teeth and skin.(1)
- Contain good levels of vitamin C which provides antioxidants to increase cellular protection.(2)
- Packed with manganese which works as a cofactor enzyme with the antioxidant superoxide dismutase that helps eradicate harmful free radicals that cause cellular damage. (3)
- Contain vitamin E which helps to prevent cancer, ageing, arthritis and cataracts. (4)
- Particularly high in B-Vitamins which are essential to metabolise carbohydrates, proteins and fats.(5)
- Anti-inflammatory fruits that contain retinol which helps to protect the retina of the eye and anthocyanins that protect bones against the onset of osteoporosis. (6).
Blueberries Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 100 grams, raw
|Calories from Fat||3|
|Total Fat||0 g||1%|
|Saturated Fat||1 g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrates||14 g||5%|
|Dietary Fibre||2 g||10%|
|Vitamin A1%||Vitamin C||16%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie intake.
Disclaimer: The entire contents of this website are based upon the opinions of ‘My Kitchen Therapy’, unless otherwise mentioned. Each articles is based upon the opinions of the author, who retains copyright as marked. The information on this website is not intended as medical advice and is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional. The website is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research of the author and his community. It is encouraged that you make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your health care professional before using products based on this content.