Native to Italy, the cauliflower is a member of the Cruciferous family and is named for its cross-shaped stems.
White, purple, green, or pale orange in colour, the cauliflower is an amazingly versatile vegetable which has a delightful flavour and a pleasant crunchiness that is typically used in many raw food recipes.
- An excellent source of vitamin C content which helps the body fight infectious diseases and provides antioxidants which help reduce the risk of cancerous cells forming. (1)
- A great source of potassium which help to form polythenols that work together to control blood pressure in the body and even decrease type two diabetes. (2)
- Cauliflower is also a good source of vitamin K which is a fat soluble vitamin which enables for blood clots to form quicker and protect cells from damage. (3)
- A good source of fibre which helps to promote weight loss and prevent colon cancer. (4)
- Provides B-Vitamins to help with the synthesis of carbohydrates, proteins and fats. (5)
Cauliflower Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 100 grams, raw
|Calories from Fat||1|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrates||5 g||2%|
|Dietary Fibre||3 g||10%|
|Vitamin A0%||Vitamin C||77%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie intake.
Disclaimer: The entire contents of this website are based upon the opinions of ‘My Kitchen Therapy’, unless otherwise mentioned. Each articles is based upon the opinions of the author, who retains copyright as marked. The information on this website is not intended as medical advice and is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional. The website is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research of the author and his community. It is encouraged that you make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your health care professional before using products based on this content.