This superfood is a form of algae related to spirulina and believed to be native to Japan and Taiwan.
This intense green powerhouse is full of phytonutrients due to its high concentration of chlorophyll which is the reason for its distinctive somewhat bitter taste.
Chlorella can normally be obtained in pill or powder form.
- Although they should be obtained partially cracked, cell walls are extremely beneficial in removing toxins and also reducing the sugar content in the bloodstream. (1)
- Very high in protein which is beneficial for the body to build muscles, enzymes, hormones and haemoglobin. (2)
- High in carotenoids which helps to reduce LDLs in the blood which significantly reduces coronary heart disease related problems and helps to promote weight loss. (3)
- Its high chlorophyll content protects the body against ultraviolet radiation treatments whilst removing radioactive particles from the body. (4)
- It is effective in treating respiratory infections and flu-like symptoms. (5)
- Provides tremendous immune protection which helps your body to naturally fight off diseases.(6)
- Reduces oxidative stress which can be caused from pollution and in promotes youthful skin. (8)
Be sure to purchase cracked cell wall chlorella as its cellular walls are hard for human digestion.
Chlorella Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 100 grams, dried
|Calories from Fat|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.951 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||5 g|
|Dietary Fibre||0.3 g|
|Vitamin A0%||Vitamin C|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie intake.
Disclaimer: The entire contents of this website are based upon the opinions of ‘My Kitchen Therapy’, unless otherwise mentioned. Each articles is based upon the opinions of the author, who retains copyright as marked. The information on this website is not intended as medical advice and is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional. The website is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research of the author and his community. It is encouraged that you make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your health care professional before using products based on this content.