The cucumber is a fruit which is one of the most widely cultivated crops in the world which is a member of the Cucurbitaceous family which is related to the melon and squash families.
Cucumber has a distinctively cool flavour which is made of 90 percent water, but still manages to provide many valuable health benefits.
- Cucumber seeds have medicinal purposes where their seeds serve as a diuretic, and the juice is used as an acne cream and a soothing remedy to tired, puffy eyes. (1)
- Cucumbers have antidiabetic and antioxidant activity which helps to cleanse the body of chemical toxins. (2)
- The vegetable provides an excellent source of vitamin K which provides anti-inflammatory relief and reduces the risk of osteoporosis. (3)
- Contains vitamin C which is helpful for fighting diseases in the body. (4)
- Provides vitamin B-5 (pantothenic acid) which helps to increase neuron activity and regulates sex and stress hormones. (5)
|Cucumber Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 100 grams, raw, with peel
|Calories from Fat||1|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrates||4 g||1%|
|Dietary Fibre||0 g||2%|
|Vitamin A 2%||Vitamin C||5%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie intake.
Disclaimer: The entire contents of this website are based upon the opinions of ‘My Kitchen Therapy’, unless otherwise mentioned. Each articles is based upon the opinions of the author, who retains copyright as marked. The information on this website is not intended as medical advice and is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional. The website is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research of the author and his community. It is encouraged that you make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your health care professional before using products based on this content.