Fennel is a herb with a mild but distinctive liquorice flavour and fragrance. Fennel is believed to have originated in Southern Europe and Mediterranean regions.
Fennel comprises of the crunchy, bulbous, pale green root; feathery fronds with the appearance of carrot tops; and seeds inside the butter-yellow blossoms of the mature plant.
- Used in traditional folk medicine for supporting people with digestion, reproductive and respiratory related problems. (1)
- High in vitamin C which provides antioxidants to prevent cancerous free radicals forming. (2)
- Includes the beneficial phytonutrient potassium, an electrolyte that reduces blood pressure to stable levels. (3)
- Contains fibre which prevents bad cholesterol build-up and absorbs water in the digestive system. (4)
- Supplies the trace minerals: manganese, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and copper which work together to provide metabolic support, tissue and bone strength. (5)
Fennel Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 100 grams, bulb, raw
|Calories from Fat||2|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrates||7 g||2%|
|Dietary Fibre||3 g||12%|
|Vitamin A3%||Vitamin C||20%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie intake.
Disclaimer: The entire contents of this website are based upon the opinions of ‘My Kitchen Therapy’, unless otherwise mentioned. Each articles is based upon the opinions of the author, who retains copyright as marked. The information on this website is not intended as medical advice and is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional. The website is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research of the author and his community. It is encouraged that you make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your health care professional before using products based on this content.