Used in Italian, Asian, and Indian cooking, garlic has been in our diets for over 5000 years. Garlic is a member of the Allium family, which is closely related to the onion and comprised of a bulbous root which provides a distinctive punchy aroma.
- Abundant in manganese which is a cofactor with the antioxidant superoxide dismutase that helps eradicate harmful free radicals that cause cellular damage. (1)
- Provides vitamin C antioxidants that maintains the healthy formation of bones and connective tissues, bone metabolism, calcium absorption, and proper thyroid function. (2) (3)
- Raw crushed garlic, left for 5-10 minutes, is said to provide the most nutrients as the enzymes oxidise to form compounds named Allicin which unlock powerful antioxidants which help reduce blood pressure, heart disease and even the onset of cancer. (4)
- Contains good levels vitamin B6 and phosphorous which are essential to regulate blood flow and increase your metabolic rate. (5)
- Has the ability to remove heavy metals from the blood to the prevention of numerous ailments, such as the common cold, hardening of the arteries, and gangrene, destroying contaminants in baby formula, and even in slowing the aging process. (6)
|Garlic Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 clove (3 grams), raw
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrates||1 g||0%|
|Dietary Fibre||0 g||0%|
|Vitamin A 0%||Vitamin C||2%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie intake.
The entire contents of this website are based upon the opinions of ‘My Kitchen Therapy’, unless otherwise mentioned. Each articles is based upon the opinions of the author, who retains copyright as marked. The information on this website is not intended as medical advice and is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional. The website is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research of the author and his community. It is encouraged that you make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your health care professional before using products based on this content.