Lemons are fruits believed to have originated at the base of the Himalayan Mountains and formed as result of a natural cross between the lime and the citron. Lemons thrive in warm and tropical climates.
The lemon tree bears fragrant white flowers, with thorns on the branches of some varieties and bright yellow lemon fruits with a thick skin and a bitter taste.
- Significantly abundant in vitamin C (ascorbic acid), making the lemon extremely effective against infections. (1)
- Lemons are high in antioxidants which combine to reduce blood pressure and get rid of free radicals which damage blood vessels and can contribute to cholesterol build up in artery walls, atherosclerosis, and coronary heart disease. (2)
- Lemons provide B-Vitamins which help with the metabolic breakdown of carbohydrates, fats and proteins in the body. (3)
- Very low in sugar and contains antidiabetic properties which helps to prevent the risk of developing type two diabetes. (4)
- A source of potassium and magnesium which helps to maintain the body’s blood flow. (5)
|Lemons Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 100 grams, juice, raw
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrates||9 g||3%|
|Dietary Fibre||0 g||2%|
|Vitamin A 0%||Vitamin C||77%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie intake.
Disclaimer: The entire contents of this website are based upon the opinions of ‘My Kitchen Therapy’, unless otherwise mentioned. Each articles is based upon the opinions of the author, who retains copyright as marked. The information on this website is not intended as medical advice and is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional. The website is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research of the author and his community. It is encouraged that you make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your health care professional before using products based on this content.