Wild raspberries are one type of fruit which is abundant worldwide.
There are more than 200 species which can be categorised into red, black and purple varieties.
- Provides significant amounts of powerful antioxidants and anti-inflammatory phytonutrients as indicated by the abundance of anthocyanin which has the potential to destroy cancerous cells in the body and prevent high blood pressure and even neurological diseases such as Alzheimer’s. (1) (2)
- Contains good levels of manganese and potassium whichhelps to maintain the blood flow and scavenge harmful free radicals. (3) (4)
- Consists of a low glycaemic-index making it a nutritious source for diabetics. (5)
- Provides a good dose of copper which is essential for the production of red blood cells which are needed to carry oxygen around the body and enables many enzymes to function correctly in the metabolic process. (6)
- Supplies rheosmin, a phytonutrient in raspberries, which is regarded as beneficial because of its high fat-burning capabilities which promotes weight loss. (7)
|Raspberry Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 100 grams, raw
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Total Fat||1 g||1%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrates||12 g||4%|
|Dietary Fibre||6 g||26%|
|Vitamin A 1%||Vitamin C||44%|
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie intake.
Disclaimer: The entire contents of this website are based upon the opinions of ‘My Kitchen Therapy’, unless otherwise mentioned. Each articles is based upon the opinions of the author, who retains copyright as marked. The information on this website is not intended as medical advice and is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional. The website is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research of the author and his community. It is encouraged that you make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your health care professional before using products based on this content.