Anxiety or depression is a type of disorder whereby the individual is in uncontrollable worry, compounded by physiological symptoms such as disturbed sleep, muscle tension and difficulty concentrating. 
People with this anxiety or depression tend to have poor quality diets which are low in fruits and vegetables, but high in saturated fats and sugar. 
Anxiety and depression plays a major role with an individual’s eating behaviour, regardless of the individual’s normal eating habits. 
However, this disorder can be treated by the power of nutritious foods. 
Number 1. Spinach
- Contain high levels of magnesium which can reduce anxiety.
- Extremely high in iron which can reduce the risk of mood disorders including anxiety.
- Contains a good level of vitamin C which is known to improve the symptoms of depression. 
Number 2. Nuts & Seeds
- Contain high levels of tryptophan and serotonin content is which is crucial is reducing anxiety levels and promotes better sleep. 
- Have a good B vitamin complex, including B6, B12 and folic acid which can reduce forms of anxiety such as depression.
- Chia seeds have a great Omega 3 (essential fatty acid) content which help to reduce inflammation and therefore the risk of developing depression. Chia seeds are also effective in treating depression. 
Number 3. Dark Chocolate/Cacao
- Consuming dark chocolate or cacao can significantly reduce anxiety and depressive symptoms.
- Cacao affects your emotions and mood by raising serotonin levels, which explains why chocolate is often craved in depressing times. (11)