Can you Camu-Camu?
Camu-Camu is a shrub that grows in swampy or flooded areas of the Amazon Rain Forests of Peru, Brazil, Venezuela and Colombia. The fruit is known to be used for viral infections including shingles and the common cold.
The granola is particularly great if you have symptoms of the common cold as the body looks to restore its immunity. The sweet tones of carob powder combine perfectly with the bitter tones of camu-camu powder which provides a moreish rounded taste.
You can mold this into an energy ball or have in its crumble form and simply add to your morning breakfast bowl.
Blend in a food processor
- Brazil nuts: 1/4 cup
- Sunflower seeds: 1/4 cup
- Desiccated coconut: 1/2 cup
- Carob powder: 2tbsp
- Camu-Camu powder: 1 tsp
- Dates: 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil (melted): 2 tsp (add gradually)
- Himalayan salt: 1/2 tsp
- Add all ingredients to food processor
- Pulse ingredients in the food processor – ensuring that the mixture is not too fine.
- Serve or store in air tight container and leave at room temperature.
Blend the dates and desiccated coconut first then the brazil nuts and follow with the rest.