If you live in the Northern hemisphere this soup recipe is ideal for those increasingly cold winter nights.
These root vegetables are great anytime of the year and yes it is true, carrots are good for your eyes as they contain very high levels of vitamin A from the conversion of its beta-carotenes which is an essential nutrient for good vision.
Blend in a food processor
- Coconut oil: 4-5 tbsp (soak over veggies)
- Himalayan Salt: 1-2 tsp
- Black pepper: 1 tbsp
- Coriander: 1 cup
- Coconut cream: 1 cup
- Filtered water
- Chili: 1 tsp
- Onion: 1 bunch
- Garlic: 3 cloves
- Apple cider vinegar: 1 tbsp
- On a grease proof tray bake the root veggies in the oven at 175 degrees for 30-45 minutes.
- Let veggies cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Add veggies and the rest of the ingredients to the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan and, on a low heat, gently stir the mixture in the saucepan for 5 minutes until it reaches boiling point.