When you want a savoury treat…
Raw cacao contains more than 300 different compounds of antioxidants, which is nearly four times the antioxidant power of your average dark chocolate and 20 times than that of blueberries. When consumed, cacao antioxidants slow down your body’s rate of ageing and help to combat diseases such as lung cancer by eradicating harmful free radicals.
This Chocolate Bread recipe balances the savoury to sweet taste very well making it good to eat on any occasion!
Blend in a food processor (Bread Mix)
- All Purpose Flour (gluten free): 1 cup
- Guar gum: 1 tbsp
- Dessicated coconut: 1/2 cup
- Baking soda: 1 tsp
- Cream of tartar: 1 tsp
- Himalayan salt: 2 tsp
- Lime: 1 tsp
- Maple syrup: 2 tbsp
- Cacao powder: 3 tbsp
- Carob powder: 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil: 1 tbsp
- Coconut milk: 2-4 tbsp (until mixture is dough like)
- Chopped walnuts (added to the dough mixture)
- Crushed pecans (added once mixture is in the baking tray/dish)
- Pre-heat oven.
- Blend the bread mix.
- Bake the bread mix in a non-stick baking tray / dish.
- Bake in the oven at 175 degrees Celsius for 40 minutes.