Hemp seeds contain a balanced 1:3 ratio of omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids (which is essential as your body cannot naturally produce this)
The fatty acid compounds in hemp are a great balance to help improve brain function, reduce inflammation, lower blood pressure and cholesterol, lower the risk of heart disease as well as help to increase energy and act as a potential weight loss.
This bread is vegan, gluten and dairy free as well as deliciously nutritious! The flavours combine exceptionally well and the amount of hemp is not overpowering in taste.
Enjoy as a side with your favourite spread or simply by itself.
Blend in a food processor (Dry Ingredients)
- All purpose flour (gluten free): 2 cups
- Hemp flour: 1 cup
- Baking soda: 2 tsp
- Cream of tartar: 1 tsp
- Nutritional yeast (inactive/active): 2 tbsp
Whisk in a bowl (Wet Ingredients)
- Chia seeds: 3 tbsp (soak in water for 5 minutes)
- Dairy free milk of choice: 2 cups
- Apple cider vinegar: 1 tbsp
- Himalayan salt: 1 tbsp
- Coconut sugar: 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil: 3 tbsp
Topping (Not Blended)
- Preheat oven to max.
- Mix the ingredients as shown above.
- Combine the dry ingredients gradually to the wet ingredients.
- Fold all ingredients together until a dough mixture has formed and place in a non-stick baking tray.
- Add the topping.
- Bake dough mixture in oven for 45 minutes at 175 degrees Celsius.
- Allow the bread to cool for up to 30 minutes before eating.
- Eat within 2-3 days.