April is here and it’s feeling like a good time of year for Banoffee Pie! To be honest, there’s never a bad time of the year for Banoffee Pie especially when it is completely vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and RAW!
If you’re looking to take the edge of the week and delve your tastebuds into something magical then this is the recipe for you.
The combination of ingredients bind the flavours, textures and structure perfectly which melt in your mouth with every bite you take.
1st Layer (blend in a food processor) – Base
- Brazil nuts: 1/2 cup
- Almond flour / Almonds: 1/2 cup
- Cashew flour / Oats: 1/2 cup
- Dates: 1 cup
- Himalayan salt (a pinch)
2nd Layer (blend in a food processor) – Banana Cream
- Cashews (activated): 1 cup
- Banana: 3
- Coconut cream (no water): 1 cup
- Coconut oil:1 tbsp
- Lime juice: 1 tbsp
- Maple syrup: 2 tbsp
- Nut milk of choice: 1 cup
3rd Layer (blend) – Toffee Cream
- Banana: 2
- Dates: 1 cup
- Nut milk of choice (no water): 1 cup
- Coconut cream (no water): 1-2 cups
- Lemon: 2 tbsp
- At each stage place the mixture in the freezer for at least an hour, then pour the mixture from the next step and continue this process to create the layers.
- To activate cashews place the cashews in filtered water overnight to soak. Then drain the water and use the cashews in the recipe.
- If the coconut oil is solidified gently heat the coconut oil (between 25 -40 degrees celsius) and it will turn into liquid form.
- Any milk can be used where “nut milk” is mentioned.
- Whip the coconut cream in a mixing bowl for 10 minutes until the consistency is thick, ensure to exclude any coconut water.
- The left over coconut water should be stored and is a great addition to your shake or breakfast bowls!