Fancy a Chinese?
This Schezwan recipe provides a sweet to spicy flavour with a nutty taste. The vegetables are fried lightly to give the dish its crispy texture and aromatic fragrance which will revitalise your primary senses.
- Tofu (washed & drained): 200g
- Sesame oil: 1 tbsp
- Sliced white onion: 1
- Bean sprouts: 50g
- Butternut squash noodles: 100g
- Sliced carrots: 1 whole carrot
- Small broccoli florets: 3 florets
- Red sweet pepper: 1/2 whole pepper
- Crushed cashews: 1 tbsp
- Garlic: 5 cloves (crushed)
- Ground turmeric: 1 tsp
- Ground black pepper: 1 tsp
- Ground aniseed: 1/2 tsp
- Ground fennel: 1/2 tsp
- Ground cloves: 1/8 tsp
- Ginger: 2 thumb pieces
- Chili flakes: 1 tsp
- Fresh basil: 30g
- Tamari sauce: 1 tbsp
- Himalayan Salt: 1 tbsp
- Coconut Sugar: 1 tbsp
- Drain Tofu and soak with filtered water then dry again pressing water out
- First gently heat the oil in a pan/wok.
- Then add garlic, ginger, herbs and spices and fry on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingreidents and lightly fry for 5-10 minutes.