A single banana contains 23 percent of your recommended daily intake of potassium, which is important for controlling your heart rate and blood pressure.
Bananas are also a fantastic source of vital phytonutrients which can help with your hangover recovery.
This Spiced Banana Bread is absolutely scrumptious and provides a naturally sweet taste with a soft bread to cake-like texture.
Enjoy this recipe as a side or even as a dessert. Try adding your favourite nut butter as a topping for a richer indulgent taste.
Blend in a food processor
- Banana: 4-5 whole
- Tapioca flour (gluten free): 1 cup
- Sorghum flour: 1/4 cup
- Baking soda: 1 tsp
- Cream of tartar: 1 tsp
- Vanilla extract: 1 tbsp
- Ceylon cinnamon: 1 tbsp
- Nutmeg: 1 tsp
- Himalayan salt: 1/2 tsp
- Apple cider vinegar: 1 tbsp
- Almond butter: 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil: 3 tbsp
- Almond milk: 1/2 cup (gradually add)
- Pre-heat oven.
- Blend bread mixture ensuring the coconut oil is added last and gradually.
- Bake bread mixture in grease proof baking tin for 45 minutes at 175 degrees Celsius.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a rack for 30 minutes before eating.