When you want to feed your chocolate addiction.
Triple is the new double – for chocolate anyway! This is the perfect recipe to ween away your stresses and detoxify your mind.
I made this beauty for my birthday and shared it among friends and family who were amazed that it was a vegan cake! Quote my mother: “I can’t believe this is vegan…I really can’t believe it.”
- Rolled Oats (gluten free): 2.5 cups
- Cacao powder: 1 cup
- Carob powder: 1/4 cup
- Baking powder: 1 tbsp
- Cream of tartar: 1 tbsp
- Dessicated coconut: 1/2 cup
- Himalayan salt: 1 tsp
- Nut milk of choice (I use almond milk): 1 cup
- Water: 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil (melted): 1/4 cup
- Coconut sugar: 1 cup
- Vanilla extract: 1 tbsp
- Lime (juice): 1 tbsp
- Creamed coconut milk: 1 cup (minimal / no water content)
- Cacao nibs: 1 cup
- Maple syrup: 2 tbsp
- Himalayan salt: a pinch
- Pre-heat your oven.
- Gently heat the chocolate frosting ingredients on the hob whilst continuously whisking for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer into a mixing bowl. Continue to whisk for 5 minutes and store in the fridge for up-to 4 hours to set.
- Blend in a food processor the dry ingredient.
- In bowl whisk the wet ingredient.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and blend on low speed to make the cake mixture.
- Add the cake mixture to a grease proof cake tin.
- Place cake tin in the oven and bake the mixture for 35 minutes at 175 degrees Celcius.
- Once baked remove from oven and let cool for at least 30 minutes before removing the cake from the tin.
- Repeat the above steps to make the 2nd layer.
- Add the frosting between the cake layers and on top of the last layer.
- Decorate the cake as you wish and enjoy!